Thinking of Buying a Home in San Diego? Here Are Some Tips!
For most people a house is the most expensive thing they will buy in their lives. The decision to purchase a property is not something taken lightly. Here are some tips to help you with the home-buying process:
- The first thing you need to focus on is the mortgage. Every homebuyer has to work within a budget, and seeing if you pre-qualify for a mortgage will straight away tell you how much or how little you can afford to spend on your house. It is important to get an idea of what the monthly mortgage payments will be like before even looking at any properties.
- Spend some time researching the neighborhood. Ideally you’ll want a neighborhood with a good school district – even if you don’t have any kids. The resale value of a house is often directly related to the reputation of its school district.
- Don’t be a passive observer when looking at homes – take a hands on approach! Make notes on the homes you view, keep a checklist of all the things you want to see in your new home and compare each property to that list. Don’t just take the agent’s word for it – evaluate for yourself!
- In addition to the monthly mortgage payments, take any additional financial obligations into account when budgeting for the new house. Don’t neglect things like utilities, repair and maintenance costs, homeowner’s insurance and HOA fees.
- Never make a serious offer without a property inspection. Hire an independent property inspector to conduct a thorough physical inspection before making any offers. Knowing the results of such an inspection will put you in the driver’s seat when it comes to negotiating a price.
- And finally, make sure you have an experienced and competent REALTOR® to represent you during the offer process.
Use This Site to Find the San Diego Property of Your Dreams
This website is fully integrated with San Diego’s multiple listing service database, meaning you can detailed information on every home that is currently listed in San Diego County from this site. All you have to do is click on ‘search for homes’ in the navigation menu to get started. Alternatively, you can search for properties with our interactive map. Just zoom into the San Diego neighborhood that interests you and you should see all the houses available for sale in that area.
If you know the MLS number of the property you are interested in, just type it into the search box on the right and hit enter!
Looking for a house in San Diego? Do not hesitate to contact me – call me today and see how I can help you become a homeowner!